Monday 11 April 2016

River, Wood, Heath and Down

I don't know much about the artistic partnership that was Clifford & Rosemary Ellis - I just know that I like their work very much indeed. In the main it was for London Transport (Underground, Trolleybus and Bus), but they were also known for many pleasing book covers (New Naturalist) and their work for Shell and the GPO. The posters below (1933) are probably my favourites. If I had to choose one it would be a toss of the coin for River or Down...........go on then, I'll take River please. 
  




3 comments:

Piscator said...

Love this work to.
Thanks for sharing.

Dickie Straker said...

Glad you like them! They are lovely. I think a set went for over £1,000 last year!! TTFN Dickie

Polly said...

Those are wonderful! They would make a nice set of stamps too.