Tuesday 18 December 2018

Gone, but not forgotten


Elements of the landscape or items that form part of a buildings structure should never be taken for granted. It's easy to do so as these things we have likings for just tend to be in the background giving us comfort as we go about our everyday business.

One such example is my post box - not a local post box for me, but one I have passed, admired and visited often on my travels. I have liked it so much that I reserved it for the posting of my extra special mail. 

I remember the time the bees took over the box - I watched them for a considerable time as no vehicle or pedestrian came down that country lane. It formed part of an old tumbling cob farm out-building. I have a liking for the building as well with its corrugated iron and general untidiness.



I shall post my special post from this box no more.......it has gone, but certainly not forgotten. 

4 comments:

Bureboyblog said...

No more snail mail

The Two Terriers said...


We have one near us, I'll put it on the blog. Nice one. John

Dickie Straker said...

Have to find another "special" one, TTFN Dickie

Unknown said...

A sad loss! I love old post boxes :)