Tuesday 2 October 2018

The fruits of a plentiful season


It's been a splendid growing year. One of the best ever. The currants plentiful, apples smaller but sweeter and cucumbers galore. We have just reached the end of the tommies and chili with no green ones for the annual chutney session, but that will not stop me having a big making session in the next few days. The marrows will add the bulk and I am sure I can obtain some tommies from gluts elsewhere........so let the chopping commence and the fumes of vinegar and spice be intoxicating. 




4 comments:

The Two Terriers said...


Great post Dickie, I feel Hungry. John

Bureboyblog said...

Rather good that lot

Champ said...

Lovely bowls of red currants Dickie.I havent seen such jewels for many a year.

Dickie Straker said...

Thanks folks, it's been a grand season! TTFN Dickie