Monday 15 January 2018

Pike & Nash

John Nash, pike fishing by Kurt Hutton (1958) 
As I am on a bit of John Nash thread I thought it worth sharing the wonderful picture of JN fishing for pike. This was taken by Kurt Hutton and the bromide print was formerly in the ownership of Ronald Blythe who then passed it on to the National Portrait Gallery.

The wonderful illustration, below, is by Nash and was also from 1958 - a magnificent study which he was commissioned to deliver for a calendar (Benhams of Colchester - printers & publishers). I make no apologies - I have previously shown the picture on the blog.....I am sure you will forgive me for sharing it again, it's an absolute smasher! 


John Nash, Pike, 1958

3 comments:

The Two Terriers said...


That photograph is beautiful. No technical clothing then! John

Dickie Straker said...

Must have been freezing! No Kelly Kettle, box of sarnies or tackle bag.....probably all out of shot under the brolly! It is a lovely shot though. TTFN Dickie

The Two Terriers said...


bring back the Friday Ditty!