Friday 25 November 2016

A goodly array of street furniture


Be I Hampshire, be I bu%%ery, I be Isle of Wight! So the ditty goes. I love the IoW and have spent some very happy times there following in the footsteps of Barbara Jones and Pennethorne Hughes. There are treasures around every corner and if, like me, you like furniture of the street type then I am sure you will like these. It was very warm back in August and I seem to recall we also stumbled across the delightful Jolliffe's of Cowes on our way for some superb fish & chips. 


4 comments:

The Two Terriers said...


A great place, we've holidayed there and I used to do External Examining there. That work took a morning and then it was a half day holiday. Brilliant. There were only two speed cameras back in the early 90's. bet that's changed. John

Dickie Straker said...

It still does have a nice antiquated feel about it though from the beaches to the towns - I especially like the old London Underground railway now in the open air! And the Dinky Toys type street furniture too mind you - great place. TTFN Dickie

Martin Giles said...

Welcome back. I enjoy the blog and you have been away for far too long.

Martin

Dickie Straker said...

Thanks Martin, jolly kind of you, all the very best, Dickie